Saturday, June 03, 2006

 

Just another day

After awhile, whether you want to or not, you get used to just about anything. As much as I dislike being a single parent right now, I am used to it. Am used to being the handy woman, mother, father, cook, nurse, tutor, nanny, secretary, etc. all the hats that moms everywhere wear. One thing, though, that I never get used to, which is the things that come out of the mouths of babes. My almost 3 year old,(end of July), where has the time gone, killed me last week. I don't remember the last time I cried so hard. It is 2am, she is looking out the front window. She won't go to sleep. I ask her what she is doing. She says, I am waiting for my daddy to come. I try, as best I can, to explain to her that he isn't coming. She says, I know he is, my daddy will be here soon. She fell asleep on the floor in front of the window. She spent the next week in the same place. She is finally back to her bed. It is a hard thing to deal with, some things you just don't get used to, ever. Now, back to my list. time to mow the lawn! :)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Links
  • Comprehensive Islamic Website
  • Special Prayers for all Occasions