Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

2006 has arrived!

Happy New Year to all. Hope this year is better than the previous one. My hope is to see peace and harmony in all the world. May sound like alot to ask at this point, but I am hopeful. Would like to see more patience, more tolerance, more compassion, less violence, less hate, less judgement of others. More kindness. More love. For all. I am not that old but sometimes I feel the world has changed so much in the short time I have been on it. I find myself saying things like, I remember when....people used to hold doors open for anyone, neighbors were friends also, kids were respectful to ALL adults, parents took resposibility for their own kids, people would shovel their neighbors sidewalks just for the sake of doing it, would stop and help someone whose car was stuck in the snow, when people watched their language in public, when kids got into fights, they made up the next day. Seems like a long list but I haven't even scratched the surface. My, how things have changed, but I am still hopeful.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Links
  • Comprehensive Islamic Website
  • Special Prayers for all Occasions