Friday, March 04, 2005

 

Interview questions from Ethnically Incorrect

For Um Hakima, our American Muslim SAHM
1. What is a movie or book that you could watch or read over and over again and still not get tired of it?
Well, how bout a movie and a book? lol I am a Patrick Swayze fan so I have seen Dirty Dancing and Roadhouse more times than I can count! Just can't help it, sorry. As for books, I absolutely love Stephen King. Any book I could/have read more than once. Many think he is off, and I think so too, but I love his books.

2. What has given you strength while dh has been away?
I wish I could say my faith, which of course, always helps, but I haven't felt really steadfast since dh has been gone, no particular reason why. I would have to say my best friend here, Miss B. She is just awesome. She loves my kids like her own, she knows how to handle my "moodiness" with a smile, etc. If she wasn't here, I would have probably had to move so I could live with Sister Scorpion! LOL

3. Do you think the elections will make a difference in how fast the situation in Iraq will improve?
I am not really sure, so I will give hubby's humble opinion since he is there right now. He says that elections have helped the Iraqi morale somewhat. He feels the 2 biggest problems are the porous borders and the lack of Iraqis having pride in themselves. He says that most of the terrorist problems are caused by foreigners, not Iraqis. He also says that the Iraqi people have been so beaten down over the years by saddam, sanctions, etc. that they can't really worry about anything other than shelter and food. He said the only way to fix anything is to close off the borders so that terrorists cannot get in and then to rebuild ASAP so that the Iraqi people can begin to have pride in their country.

4. What is the most outrageous stunt you pulled as a child? Oh, well. to be brutally honest or not to be brutally honest. what the heck. When I was 12 years old, I got into a huge fight with my dad. After my parents went to bed, I snuck out of the house and took their Plymouth Horizon. I drove to my pastor's house because I wanted to talk to him about dad. Well, the problem was, it was after midnight and I wasn't sure where he lived. I gave up looking around 2 am and drove back home. My parents were still sleeping when I got back and to this day, they have no idea what I did.

5. How do you feel about plaid? lol
I can't stand it, in any way, shape or form! lol

So, now, anyone who wants to be interviewed, please comment. the following are the interview rules.
THE INTERVIEW GAME RULES:Here's how you can play the interview game:
1. Leave me a comment saying "interview me." The first five commenters will be the participants.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions.
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (Write your own questions or borrow some.)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Links
  • Comprehensive Islamic Website
  • Special Prayers for all Occasions