Thursday, January 27, 2005

 

Finally

Well, I would have posted long ago, but the blog wouldn't let me, I couldn't read comments on other blogs, etc. Anyone else been having this problem? Anyway, please visit sister-scorpion's blog and check out Azizah magazine men doing housework survey. They really need to include involvement with children on there. Why? Well, to look at it, my dh did horrible but he is an extremely hands on father and that is what works for us. I do most of the cooking, cleaning, etc. But, when he is home, he is with the kids. To me, I love this set up. I don't care at all about cooking, cleaning, etc. if he is helping with the kids. That is the big thing for me. I will take a hands on father over a man who vacuums anyday. That is much more important to me when it comes to picking my battles. Of course, if I had a job outside the home, which I don't at this point, then we would have to discuss a few things! lol But, they really need to include kids in their survey. Iraqi elections are a few days away, dh is trying to be hopeful but can't really hide the fact that he is not. He is afraid that people won't believe the results, no matter how they turn out. That people will be afraid to come out and vote, which is a very realistic fear. All I can say is people plan, and Allah plans, and Allah is the best of planners. We will just have to wait and see. I was watching c-span this morning, they were asking Iraqi-Americans to call in. I was disappointed because it seemed the only ones calling in were Iraqis who had come here on student visas then stayed. The majority who are here are ones that fled Iraq after the uprising against saddam. I am trying to talk dh into letting me post his story on here, I think if people knew what some of these men went through, they would be shocked. Inshallah, one day.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Links
  • Comprehensive Islamic Website
  • Special Prayers for all Occasions