Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

Eid, snow, Iraq elections

Eid Mubarek to all. I hope everyone has a happy holiday. We won't be doing much, kids and I are sick, weather is nasty. Been snowing for about 3 days straight, supposed to keep snowing for the next week. What fun! Anyway, my main reason for blogging today, the Iraq elections. I just want everyone to know that this is my opinion, how I feel about things. Seems a group for the area I live in are going to register to vote this weekend so that they can vote next weekend. Sorry, but I have a huge problem with this. First off, the people living in Iraq are the one's suffering daily with bombs, assassinations, kidnappings, etc. They should be the only ones voting, afterall, they live there. The people living in the US, IMHO, should not be allowed to vote in the Iraqi elections. No matter what relatives and friends they talk to, they don't know what is going on over there. How can you justify voting in an election for a country you haven't lived in 10 plus years? Also, I see this voting as bush's way of getting support for his war. Like, see how nice I am, you don't even have to live in Iraq in order to vote. Under their rules, my children, if old enough, could vote in the Iraq election because their dad happened to be born there. That is crazy to me. What could my children possibly know about daily life in Iraq, about the 100 plus parties running for office, etc? What they hear on the news? How much of that is actually true? Who knows? Just feeling the need to vent about this. If you don't agree, fine. No problem. Just felt the need to blog about it. Thanks for reading!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Links
  • Comprehensive Islamic Website
  • Special Prayers for all Occasions