Friday, November 26, 2004

 

Missed phone call!

Well, dh called at 7:30 am and I was sleeping and didn't get to talk to him. Normally, I am up earlier but my baby took a late nap yesterday so she was up until almost 2!! LOL Don't you love children? He said he would try and call back but he must not have been able to. I spoke to a friend of his today, he was asking if dh planned to go for another year once this contract is up. I hope not. I really, really hope not. He says, you are so supportive of him. Am I? I don't think so, since I didn't want him to go in the first place. I think it was more of a selfish reason that I supported his decision. I was afraid of hearing the "what ifs" for the rest of my life, you know? I don't think I have it in me to support another year. Like his friend said, we will have to get to know each other all over again. Yeah, dating, what fun! The 2 weeks he was home on leave, I noticed alot of changes in him already. He quit drinking tea and coffee, totally. Can you imagine, an arab who doesn't drink either one? Who would have thought? His tastes in foods have changed, what used to be absolute favorites are now the ones he can take or leave. Just little things, I know. But, after 10 years of marriage, you have a routine, an understanding of how things are done, etc. It takes a bit to change things around. Well, 8 months down, 4 months to go. Sometimes, when I am whining, which I feel like I am doing right now, I think of all of the soldiers families, some who haven't seen their loved ones in over a year and half or even longer. Then, I feel selfish. God help me for that. I don't personally know anyone who is enlisted, but I hope with all of my heart that the families receive all of the help and support that they need and deserve from our government.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Links
  • Comprehensive Islamic Website
  • Special Prayers for all Occasions