Monday, November 22, 2004

 

Just more ranting

Well, sorry it has been awhile since my last post. Darn blogging thing wouldn't let me post! I must have pissed it off, who knows? Anyway, I am becoming more worried about dh. I think he has been over there a little too long. It is funny, I had read on a soldiers site that he feels a break is needed around the 8th month or things start to deteriorate. Dh is right at that point and I have to agree with that soldier. He seems more short tempered, not his normal self. I mean, I know, he is in Iraq, not on vacation, but up until recently, he seemed to be handling things just fine. Now, I mention something I saw on the news, a bomber, shooting, etc. His response, that is everyday, the news does't report a 1/4 of what actually happens in Iraq. We get bombed almost everyday, shot at, etc. He says he is used to it, no big deal, don't worry, they have bad aim. That is the part that worries me. When things like that become "no big deal" anymore, I see that as a sign of burnout. It makes me worry, more than I already do. I got to talk to my MIL Saturday night, thankfully, they are all doing well. Took me a week of calling before we could get through. At least I can pass some good news on to dh when he calls. Had some friends of mine over for a hair removal party! lol To all non-arabs, this is where the women get together to do each others eyebrows, etc. Chance to sit, talk, have a girl bonding thing going! One of my friends, an american lady whose dh just got back from visiting Iraq is having trouble. Turns out some of her dh's friends have been talking to him, saying she was messing around on him while he was gone. Totally not true. Poor woman has a full time job and 3 kids. She doesn't have time to take a shower, let alone anything else. She is so pissed and I don't blame her. Not to generalize, as the only Iraqi community I know is the one I live in, but what is up with all the gossip? I mean, doesn't anyone have anything better to do than sit around and talk behind people's back and try to cause trouble? Are people that bored? If you have so little to do, get a job, a 2nd job, a hobby, whatever, but shut the hell up about other people. This kind of stuff just pisses me off to no end. Gossiping is a huge sin in Islam as well as accusing a chaste woman of infidelity. This is the reason dh and I keep to ourselves. If you don't, you are asking for trouble. In our community, everyone is so worried about what everyone else is doing, it is ridiculous. Anyway, I guess I am done ranting. Please pray for all the people in Iraq and for those left behind.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Links
  • Comprehensive Islamic Website
  • Special Prayers for all Occasions