Friday, October 29, 2004

 

My chat with dh last night

Well, here we go again. Talked to dh last night. We were chatting, etc. Then, it comes up, ever so slyly. Honey, I like this job, I love what I am doing, I will never get another oppurtunity to do this kind of work where I can help so many people, etc. I just replied with a mm hmm after every sentence. And then, the unthinkable happened. I heard myself saying, well, if you really, really feel this strongly and you really want to stay longer, I guess I could be ok with that. Ok, my faithful readers, stop yelling at the computer. I know I sound crazy, but listen. This is something he feels very strongly about and something he really wants to do. He would never even bring up the subject otherwise, knowing how I feel. I just can't help but think, if I don't agree with this decision, he will come home and be miserable for the rest of his life. I like to think that if I had a dream to do something that he would support me in the same way that I am trying to support him. The other reason I would consider it is because my best friend Betty is planning on moving in with me at the end of next month when her lease is finished. She would stay until he comes home. At least, I wouldn't be alone anymore with 3 kids. I just can't imagine squashing this dream of his. A marriage is supposed to be 2 people supporting each other's dreams, right? Well, no decision has been made yet. He is thinking about it. I don't think he wanted to think about it seriously until he knew my take on it. I know I surprised him with my reaction, heck, I surprised myself. I would ask everyone's opinion about this but I know I will get it anyway! lol That is great because I want it. I am sure NW is going to smack me through the computer! lol I don't know, it is like when he brought it up, I just knew what my answer was because I know how much it means to him. How do I know? He has never, in the almost 10 years we have been married, asked me to accept something that he knew I wasn't really thrilled about. For him to bring this up, that means alot coming from him. We will just have to wait and see. He says he has 4 1/2 months to go and has lots of time to see what he wants to do. Allahu Alim



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Links
  • Comprehensive Islamic Website
  • Special Prayers for all Occasions